I believe our pets teach us so much about life, love and friendship - and creative ways to get what you want out of life. Here, I present the lessons ChaCha taught me, I hope they brighten your life like they have mine...
RIP, little doggie, we love you!
1. Greet each morning with a twirl! Every morning, ChaCha would bolt out of the bathroom (where she slept), sprint to the kitchen and perform a series of twirls, at least 3-5 times. I swear, throughout the years, I kept trying to get her routine on video, but she wouldn't let me. I guess she wanted it to be a special experience for only the family to see.
2. Always go for the highest pillow on the bed. Go for the premium in all you do. Make the extra effort, and enjoy it! She had this thing about selecting the optimum spot to chill. While all the other dogs plopped down at random, she had her favorite spots - always the top, center cushion. Her throne.
3. Be sly when it comes to asking for what you want. Whenever I'm eating at my worktable, the other dogs sit and stare at me - they want me to toss them a bite. ChaCha, however, would ALWAYS go under the table and poke her head up between my knees - then give me a look like "Hey, girl, pssst, break me off a piece of that, no one will see!" She was so irresistible, she always ended up with the best snacks.
4. Jump into the arms of love. I'd be working on he computer and ZOOM! ChaCha would shoot straight up into my lap, causing me to hold hold and hug her. She wanted loving and did not hestitate to go after it - kamikaze style!
5. Love yourself, as is! ChaCha was one funky looking pup. Her fur was uneven, scraggly, two-toned. Seriously, people would laugh when they saw her for the first time. ChaCha would hold her head high like a beauty queen. We used to joke that she would interpret these reactions as "My beauty is so stunning, people are shocked when they meet me! I seem to have that effect on humans!"
I could on and on, but you get the idea. She was a special doggie and her memory will live on forever. What lessons have you learned from your pets?
Here is a cute video Maya made last year, starring ChaCha...