Kwanzaa is December 26-January 1st. Read more about it here.
Peace, love, and glitter!
- Tulip® Fabric Markers™
Fabric Markers Fine Writers
- Aleene's® Fabric Fusion® Permanent Dry Cleanable Fabric Adhesive
- Tulip® Fabric Paintbrushes™
- Tulip® Soft Fabric Paint™
BI15786 Sunshine Yellow BI15790 Crimson Red BI15799 Holiday Green BI15801 Ebony
- Unprimed canvas fabric – ½ yard
- Assorted yarns and fibers
- Hanging tags – large, medium
- Hole punch
- Foil or foam plate for palette
- Place the large and medium tags on the canvas fabric and trace seven of each. Cut out.
- Squeeze a puddle of each color of Soft Fabric Paint onto paint palette then paint African fabric patterns on the larger sized canvas tags. Refer to photo. Let dry.
- Use hole punch to punch a hole at the top of each large canvas tag.
- Apply Fabric Fusion onto the backs of the smaller canvas tags and press into the center of each large tag. Let dry.
- Use the black Fine Writer Marker to write one of the seven principles of Kwanzaa on each of the tags, creating a whole set.
- Create additional designs on tags with paints and markers. Let dry.
- Cut a batch of yarns and fibers and tie through the holes on each tag.
- Each day as you light a candle, hang up one of the tags so you and your family will always be reminded of it.
P.S. Check out my new novel!