(Photo by Scott Wilkensen)
Create a shimmery little cozy for your holiday candles! I've always wanted to try Aleene's® Fabric Stiffener & Draping Liquid and my inspiration came from expensive candle holders at a department store. I decided to try to make my own version and all I can say is SUCCESS!!!!
- Crafty Chica™ Chunky Glitters™
- Collage Pauge Instant Decoupage™
- Tulip® Glam-It-Up!™ Iron-On Crystals™
23078 300 Multi-color Pack
- Aleene's® Fabric Stiffener & Draping Liquid
Glass candle cup
Embroidery thread – red – 3 packages
- Cover work surface with plastic tablecloth. Wrap the candle cup with plastic wrap.
- Wrap embroidery thread around entire cup, including around the bottom and over the top.
- Pour a large puddle of Aleene’s® Fabric Stiffener and Draping Liquid onto paper plate. Wearing plastic gloves, use flat brush to brush a thick coat of Fabric Stiffener over entire cup, making sure to completely saturate embroidery thread. Let dry for 24 hours.
- Once dry, cut away the top portion of embroidery thread stretching over cup and slide the stiffened embroidery thread away from cup. Snip away excess thread.
- Working on a covered surface, pour a puddle of Collage Pauge onto a clean paper plate. Working in sections, use flat brush to brush a coat of Collage Pauge onto stiffened embroidery thread and immediately pour Rockabilly Ruby glitter over it. Let dry, then shake off excess glitter.
- Dab back end of brush into Collage Pauge and dab onto holder. Press desired color of crystal into place on glue. Repeat, adding crystals all over holder. Let dry.
- Place glass candle cup into holder and enjoy!
Peace, love, and glitter!
P.S. Check out my new book and product line!